Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The personal papers of Rear Admiral Richard W. Bates (1892-1973) cover the years 1915-1973. He was a commanding officer on many ships in the Navy. His collection consists of correspondence, subject files, writings, speeches, and miscellaneous items. The papers are arranged in four series based on an established file system. They mainly encompass Bates career as a Naval Officer, family, and social life in Newport, as well as other aspects of his career including published and unpublished...
Overview These papers document and focus on Andrew E. Gibson's career as a government official, corporate executive, and professor at the Naval War College. The collection consists of many elements including but not limited to: correspondence, writings, speeches, deck files, books, proposals, critiques, legislation testimony and charts.
Overview Vice Admiral James B. Stockdale (1923-2005) was a highly decorated naval aviator who spent nearly eight years as a prisoner of war during the Vietnam War. He was the fortieth President of the Naval War College and after his retirement from the navy he served as President of The Citadel, Charleston, S.C and was an independent candidate for Vice President of the U.S. in 1992. This collection includes correspondence, photographs, newspaper articles, speeches, and writings relating to Stockdale’s...
- Subject: writings (documents) X
- Naval War College (U.S.). Foundation 2
- Bates, Richard W., 1892-1973 1
- Brennan, Joseph Gerard, 1910-2004 1
- Chafee, John H., 1922-1999 1
- Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina 1
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006 1
- Gibson, Andrew E., 1922-2001 1
- Hayward, Thomas Bibb, 1924- 1
- Holloway, James L., 1922- 1
- LeBourgeois, Julien J. 1
- Leonidas Merritt (Liberty ship) 1
- McCloskey, Paul N., 1927- 1
- Naval War College (U.S.) 1
- Nunn, Sam 1
- Stockdale, James Bond 1
- Tower, John G. (John Goodwin), 1925-1991 1
- Trost, Carlisle A. H. (Carlisle Alberth H.), 1930- 1
- United States Naval Academy 1
- United States. Maritime Administration 1 ∧ less