Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents Conference records, including planning, country and correspondence files; Speeches and papers, records of proceedings, translations and biographical information, 1962–1998; Curriculum guides, study plans and journals of Latin American War Colleges, 1962–1985; Working files and presentations of the Latin American Lecture Team, 1971–1974; Planning and Country files of the Sixth Inter-American Naval Conference, 1971; Records of the Permanent Coordinating Secretariat, 1970–1973.
Dates: 1962 - 2004
Overview Correspondence, memoranda, lists, contracts, inventories, military and naval orders, and plans regarding the early administration and curriculum of the Naval War College, new building construction, and items relating to the establishment of a naval coaling station in Narraganset Bay. Also included are journals and letterpress copybooks kept by past NWC presidents Charles Stockton and French Chadwick.
Dates: 1883-1919; Majority of material found within 1895-1911
Overview The International Seapower Symposium (ISS) is a biennial meeting held at the U.S. Naval War College (NWC), hosted by the Chief of Naval Operations and the President, U.S. Naval War College. This record group consists of correspondence, reports, publications, photographs, audio cassettes, digital media (floppy disks and compact discs, etc), and digital files documenting the organization and proceedings of each symposium.
Scope and Contents Records: Historical Subject Files including correspondence, memoranda, chronologies and reports pertaining to administrative matters, base activities and command facilities, 1942–1969; Presidential visits of Eisenhower and Kennedy, 1957–1958, 1960–1961; History and transfer of Fort Adams, 1951–1960; Planning and construction of Narragansett Bay Bridge, 1944–1966; Use of Prudence Island 1913–1917; Consolidation of the office of Industrial Relations, 1950–1963; Housing Plans, 1967–1968; German...
Dates: 1913 - 1969
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description Correspondence and subject files pertaining to administration, organization, mission, functions and buildings of the Naval Training Station and Naval Station, 1885–1974; Historical subject files of Coasters Harbor Island, Fort Adams, USS Constitution, USS Constellation, visits of Presidents Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Nixon, 150th Anniversary of landing of General Rochambeau, 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Rhode Island, hurricanes, fires, Public Works Department, Tercentenary of city...
Dates: 1885-1980 and undated
Overview Administrative records; collected documents, chiefly copies, relating to the Battle of Leyte Gulf, 1944; and miscellaneous materials relating to Battle Evaluation Group Studies produced on battles of Savo Island, Midway, and Coral Sea.
- Subject: reports X
- Naval War College (U.S.) 4
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- International Seapower Symposium 2
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- Aldrich, Nelson W. (Nelson Wilmarth), 1841-1915 1
- Bates, Richard W., 1892-1973 1
- Bennington (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Chadwick, French Ensor, 1844-1919 1
- Chandler, William E. (William Eaton), 1835-1917 1
- Constellation (Ship) 1
- Goodrich, Caspar F. (Caspar Frederick), 1847-1925 1
- Herbert, Hilary A. (Hilary Abner), 1834-1919 1
- Knight, Austin Melvin, 1854-1927 1
- Luce, Stephen Bleecker, 1827-1917 1
- Mahan, A. T. (Alfred Thayer), 1840-1914 1
- Mason, George C. (George Champlin), 1820-1894 1
- Merrell, John Porter, 1846-1916 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Perry, Raymond R., 1894-1925 1
- Pringle, Joel Roberts Poinsett, 1873-1932 1
- Rodgers, William Ledyard, 1860-1944 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Schley, Winfield Scott, 1839-1911 1
- Sims, William Sowden, 1858-1936 1
- Sperry, Charles S. (Charles Stillman), 1847-1911 1
- Taylor, H. C. (Henry Clay), 1845-1904 1
- United States Naval Torpedo Station (Newport, R.I.) 1
- United States. Department of the Navy 1 ∧ less