Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview Presentations given by Naval War College faculty and staff.
Overview Frank M. Snyder (1926- ) is a career naval officer who worked as a Professor and Professor Emeritus at the U.S. Naval War College. His papers include articles, research materials, speeches and lectures, audio and video cassette tapes, photographs, and scrapbooks relating to Snyder’s naval and professional academic career.
Overview Vice Admiral James B. Stockdale (1923-2005) was a highly decorated naval aviator who spent nearly eight years as a prisoner of war during the Vietnam War. He was the fortieth President of the Naval War College and after his retirement from the navy he served as President of The Citadel, Charleston, S.C and was an independent candidate for Vice President of the U.S. in 1992. This collection includes correspondence, photographs, newspaper articles, speeches, and writings relating to Stockdale’s...
Overview This collection consists of materials regarding Wellings’ assignment as U.S. observer of the British Home Fleet, including his reminiscences of the sinking of the Bismarck in May 1941, as well as correspondence, writings, speeches, subject files, and other documentation relating to his naval career.
- Subject: lectures X
- Naval War College (U.S.) 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Andrea Doria (Steamship) 1
- Bismarck (Battleship) 1
- Brennan, Joseph Gerard, 1910-2004 1
- Burke, Arleigh A., 1901-1996 1
- Chafee, John H., 1922-1999 1
- Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina 1
- Hayward, Thomas Bibb, 1924- 1
- Holloway, James L., 1922- 1
- LeBourgeois, Julien J. 1
- Liberty (Ship) 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). Foundation 1
- Nunn, Sam 1
- Princeton (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Snyder, Frank M. 1
- Stockdale, James Bond 1
- Tower, John G. (John Goodwin), 1925-1991 1
- Trost, Carlisle A. H. (Carlisle Alberth H.), 1930- 1
- United States. Joint Chiefs of Staff 1
- Wellings, Joseph H. (Joseph Harold), 1903- 1 ∧ less