Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview Presentations given by Naval War College faculty and staff.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of single manuscripts items from past NWC presidents, faculty, and staff, as well as other other naval officers and military service members from Rhode Island and the surrounding area. These items include correspondence, journals, reports, certificates, commissions, scrapbooks, and other ephemera that relate to the history of the U.S. Naval War College, the history of navies in the Narragansett Bay region, and the history of naval warfare and strategy.
Overview Convocation and graduation addresses, including speeches given at special events.
Overview Research papers prepared in fulfillment of requirements for satisfactory course completion by Naval War College students.
Scope and Contents Records: Historical Subject Files including correspondence, memoranda, chronologies and reports pertaining to administrative matters, base activities and command facilities, 1942–1969; Presidential visits of Eisenhower and Kennedy, 1957–1958, 1960–1961; History and transfer of Fort Adams, 1951–1960; Planning and construction of Narragansett Bay Bridge, 1944–1966; Use of Prudence Island 1913–1917; Consolidation of the office of Industrial Relations, 1950–1963; Housing Plans, 1967–1968; German...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description Correspondence and subject files pertaining to administration, organization, mission, functions and buildings of the Naval Training Station and Naval Station, 1885–1974; Historical subject files of Coasters Harbor Island, Fort Adams, USS Constitution, USS Constellation, visits of Presidents Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Nixon, 150th Anniversary of landing of General Rochambeau, 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Rhode Island, hurricanes, fires, Public Works Department, Tercentenary of city...
Overview This collection consists of materials regarding Wellings’ assignment as U.S. observer of the British Home Fleet, including his reminiscences of the sinking of the Bismarck in May 1941, as well as correspondence, writings, speeches, subject files, and other documentation relating to his naval career.
- Subject: United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century X
- Naval War College (U.S.) 4
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 2
- Naval Station Newport (R.I.) 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 2
- Bennington (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Bismarck (Battleship) 1
- Constellation (Ship) 1
- Knight, Austin Melvin, 1854-1927 1
- Luce, Stephen Bleecker, 1827-1917 1
- Mahan, A. T. (Alfred Thayer), 1840-1914 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). Naval Historical Collection 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Pye, W. S. (William Satterlee), 1880-1959 1
- Quonset Point Naval Air Station (R.I.) 1
- Sims, William Sowden, 1858-1936 1
- United States. Joint Chiefs of Staff 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Wellings, Joseph H. (Joseph Harold), 1903- 1 ∧ less