Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview The personal papers of Rear Admiral Richard W. Bates (1892-1973) cover the years 1915-1973. He was a commanding officer on many ships in the Navy. His collection consists of correspondence, subject files, writings, speeches, and miscellaneous items. The papers are arranged in four series based on an established file system. They mainly encompass Bates career as a Naval Officer, family, and social life in Newport, as well as other aspects of his career including published and unpublished...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of single manuscripts items from past NWC presidents, faculty, and staff, as well as other other naval officers and military service members from Rhode Island and the surrounding area. These items include correspondence, journals, reports, certificates, commissions, scrapbooks, and other ephemera that relate to the history of the U.S. Naval War College, the history of navies in the Narragansett Bay region, and the history of naval warfare and strategy.
Overview Frank M. Snyder (1926- ) is a career naval officer who worked as a Professor and Professor Emeritus at the U.S. Naval War College. His papers include articles, research materials, speeches and lectures, audio and video cassette tapes, photographs, and scrapbooks relating to Snyder’s naval and professional academic career.
Scope and Contents Records: Historical Subject Files including correspondence, memoranda, chronologies and reports pertaining to administrative matters, base activities and command facilities, 1942–1969; Presidential visits of Eisenhower and Kennedy, 1957–1958, 1960–1961; History and transfer of Fort Adams, 1951–1960; Planning and construction of Narragansett Bay Bridge, 1944–1966; Use of Prudence Island 1913–1917; Consolidation of the office of Industrial Relations, 1950–1963; Housing Plans, 1967–1968; German...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description Correspondence and subject files pertaining to administration, organization, mission, functions and buildings of the Naval Training Station and Naval Station, 1885–1974; Historical subject files of Coasters Harbor Island, Fort Adams, USS Constitution, USS Constellation, visits of Presidents Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Nixon, 150th Anniversary of landing of General Rochambeau, 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Rhode Island, hurricanes, fires, Public Works Department, Tercentenary of city...
- Subject: Newport (R.I.) -- History X
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 2
- Naval Station Newport (R.I.) 2
- Naval War College (U.S.) 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- Andrea Doria (Steamship) 1
- Bates, Richard W., 1892-1973 1
- Bennington (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Burke, Arleigh A., 1901-1996 1
- Constellation (Ship) 1
- Liberty (Ship) 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). Foundation 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Princeton (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Quonset Point Naval Air Station (R.I.) 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Snyder, Frank M. 1
- United States Naval Academy 1
- United States. Navy 1 ∧ less