Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Frank M. Snyder (1926- ) is a career naval officer who worked as a Professor and Professor Emeritus at the U.S. Naval War College. His papers include articles, research materials, speeches and lectures, audio and video cassette tapes, photographs, and scrapbooks relating to Snyder’s naval and professional academic career.
Scope and Contents Records: Historical Subject Files including correspondence, memoranda, chronologies and reports pertaining to administrative matters, base activities and command facilities, 1942–1969; Presidential visits of Eisenhower and Kennedy, 1957–1958, 1960–1961; History and transfer of Fort Adams, 1951–1960; Planning and construction of Narragansett Bay Bridge, 1944–1966; Use of Prudence Island 1913–1917; Consolidation of the office of Industrial Relations, 1950–1963; Housing Plans, 1967–1968; German...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description Correspondence and subject files pertaining to administration, organization, mission, functions and buildings of the Naval Training Station and Naval Station, 1885–1974; Historical subject files of Coasters Harbor Island, Fort Adams, USS Constitution, USS Constellation, visits of Presidents Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Nixon, 150th Anniversary of landing of General Rochambeau, 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Rhode Island, hurricanes, fires, Public Works Department, Tercentenary of city...
Overview This collection consists of materials regarding Wellings’ assignment as U.S. observer of the British Home Fleet, including his reminiscences of the sinking of the Bismarck in May 1941, as well as correspondence, writings, speeches, subject files, and other documentation relating to his naval career.
- Subject: Navy-yards and naval stations -- Newport (R.I.) X
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 2
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 2
- Naval Station Newport (R.I.) 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- United States. Navy 2
- Andrea Doria (Steamship) 1
- Bennington (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Bismarck (Battleship) 1
- Burke, Arleigh A., 1901-1996 1
- Constellation (Ship) 1
- Liberty (Ship) 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Princeton (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Quonset Point Naval Air Station (R.I.) 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Snyder, Frank M. 1
- United States. Joint Chiefs of Staff 1
- Wellings, Joseph H. (Joseph Harold), 1903- 1 ∧ less