Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Scope and Contents Outline of NWC course of study for Colleges of Naval Warfare, College of Naval Command and Staff, Naval Command College and Naval Staff College.
Dates: 1903 - 1948
Overview The personal papers of Rear Admiral Richard W. Bates (1892-1973) cover the years 1915-1973. He was a commanding officer on many ships in the Navy. His collection consists of correspondence, subject files, writings, speeches, and miscellaneous items. The papers are arranged in four series based on an established file system. They mainly encompass Bates career as a Naval Officer, family, and social life in Newport, as well as other aspects of his career including published and unpublished...
Record Group — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Serial file and course completion correspondence, student academic history files, selected readings, books, and syllabi.
Overview Correspondence, memoranda, lists, contracts, inventories, military and naval orders, and plans regarding the early administration and curriculum of the Naval War College, new building construction, and items relating to the establishment of a naval coaling station in Narraganset Bay. Also included are journals and letterpress copybooks kept by past NWC presidents Charles Stockton and French Chadwick.
Dates: 1883-1919; Majority of material found within 1895-1911
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description The papers, in the main, cover the period 1898-1987 and fully document his naval career and his retirement years. They are divided into six series. Series I, family papers, consists of genealogical materials taken from Morgan City, Louisiana Archives on the Brashear and Lawrence families, a history of Morgan City, LA, and correspondence and newspaper clippings regarding the restoration of the Lawrence family cemetery in Bayside, Long Island. Correspondence, speeches and writings of...
Dates: 1898 - 1986
Overview Presentations given by Naval War College faculty and staff.
Dates: 1886-1970, 2003-2007
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description The Manley O. Hudson Papers document the professional activities and interests of a prominent international lawyer during the last ten years of his career. The papers include background materials on several important legal cases with which he was involved as a consultant. They also contain materials relating to his tenure as a professor of international law at the Naval War College.The collection falls naturally into three well-defined series: Legal Case Files, Subject Files and...
Dates: 1923 - 1954
Overview This collection consists of lectures, letters, and other documents kept by Alfred T. Mahan, naval officer, renowned maritime historian, and past president of the Naval War College.
Dates: 1814-1914 and undated
Scope and Contents Curriculum records, including syllabi, curriculum, lectures and student papers, 1956–1983; Reading files, 1956–1998; Correspondence and memoranda treating NCC reunions, 1972–1993; Student files, 1957–1998; Miscellany, including photographs, 1957–1999; Cookbooks, 1960–2000; Alumni newsletters and newsgrams, 1958–1998; Videos, 1992–2000 and yearbooks, 1987–1995.These records consist of syllabi and curriculum materials, student presentations, handouts, lectures by professors, directives for...
- Subject: Naval education X
- Naval War College (U.S.) 15
- Mahan, A. T. (Alfred Thayer), 1840-1914 2
- Aldrich, Nelson W. (Nelson Wilmarth), 1841-1915 1
- Bates, Richard W., 1892-1973 1
- Chadwick, French Ensor, 1844-1919 1
- Chandler, William E. (William Eaton), 1835-1917 1
- Eccles, Henry E. (Henry Effingham), 1898-1986 1
- Goodrich, Caspar F. (Caspar Frederick), 1847-1925 1
- Herbert, Hilary A. (Hilary Abner), 1834-1919 1
- Hudson, Manley O. (Manley Ottmer), 1886-1960 1
- International Seapower Symposium 1
- Knight, Austin Melvin, 1854-1927 1
- Luce, Stephen Bleecker, 1827-1917 1
- Mahan, Helen Evans, 1873-1963 1
- Mason, George C. (George Champlin), 1820-1894 1
- Merrell, John Porter, 1846-1916 1
- Naval Command College (U.S.) 1
- Naval Officer Training Center (U.S.) 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). Department of Logistics 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). Foundation 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). Joint Military Operations Department 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). National Security Decision Making Department 1
- Perry, Raymond R., 1894-1925 1
- Pringle, Joel Roberts Poinsett, 1873-1932 1
- Quill, Berkeley C. 1
- Rodgers, William Ledyard, 1860-1944 1
- Schley, Winfield Scott, 1839-1911 1
- Sims, William Sowden, 1858-1936 1
- Sperry, Charles S. (Charles Stillman), 1847-1911 1
- Strasser, Joseph C. 1
- Taylor, H. C. (Henry Clay), 1845-1904 1
- Umsted family 1
- Umsted, Katherine Scott 1
- Umsted, Scott 1
- United States Naval Academy 1
- United States Naval Torpedo Station (Newport, R.I.) 1
- United States. Department of the Navy 1
- United States. Navy 1 ∧ less