Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Scope and Contents Outline of NWC course of study for Colleges of Naval Warfare, College of Naval Command and Staff, Naval Command College and Naval Staff College.
Overview The personal papers of Rear Admiral Richard W. Bates (1892-1973) cover the years 1915-1973. He was a commanding officer on many ships in the Navy. His collection consists of correspondence, subject files, writings, speeches, and miscellaneous items. The papers are arranged in four series based on an established file system. They mainly encompass Bates career as a Naval Officer, family, and social life in Newport, as well as other aspects of his career including published and unpublished...
Scope and Contents Serial file and course completion correspondence, student academic history files, selected readings, books, and syllabi.
Overview Correspondence, memoranda, lists, contracts, inventories, military and naval orders, and plans regarding the early administration and curriculum of the Naval War College, new building construction, and items relating to the establishment of a naval coaling station in Narraganset Bay. Also included are journals and letterpress copybooks kept by past NWC presidents Charles Stockton and French Chadwick.
Overview Presentations given by Naval War College faculty and staff.
Scope and Contents Curriculum records, including syllabi, curriculum, lectures and student papers, 1956–1983; Reading files, 1956–1998; Correspondence and memoranda treating NCC reunions, 1972–1993; Student files, 1957–1998; Miscellany, including photographs, 1957–1999; Cookbooks, 1960–2000; Alumni newsletters and newsgrams, 1958–1998; Videos, 1992–2000 and yearbooks, 1987–1995.These records consist of syllabi and curriculum materials, student presentations, handouts, lectures by professors, directives for...
Scope and Contents Compilations of articles, portions of books and government documents used in Strategy, National Security Decision Making, and Operations Department Curriculum.
Overview Research projects and studies treating aspects of the Naval War College, the U.S. Navy, naval education, and military conflict.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description Correspondence, personal letters sent and received during his Naval War College presidency, 1990–1995 and his immediate prior assignment, 1988–1990; Speeches, 1988–1994; Subject Files, 1990–1991. Black and white and color portrait photographs.
- Subject: Naval education X
- Naval War College (U.S.) 11
- Aldrich, Nelson W. (Nelson Wilmarth), 1841-1915 1
- Bates, Richard W., 1892-1973 1
- Chadwick, French Ensor, 1844-1919 1
- Chandler, William E. (William Eaton), 1835-1917 1
- Goodrich, Caspar F. (Caspar Frederick), 1847-1925 1
- Herbert, Hilary A. (Hilary Abner), 1834-1919 1
- International Seapower Symposium 1
- Knight, Austin Melvin, 1854-1927 1
- Luce, Stephen Bleecker, 1827-1917 1
- Mahan, A. T. (Alfred Thayer), 1840-1914 1
- Mason, George C. (George Champlin), 1820-1894 1
- Merrell, John Porter, 1846-1916 1
- Naval Command College (U.S.) 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). Foundation 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). Joint Military Operations Department 1
- Naval War College (U.S.). National Security Decision Making Department 1
- Perry, Raymond R., 1894-1925 1
- Rodgers, William Ledyard, 1860-1940 1
- Schley, Winfield Scott, 1839-1911 1
- Sims, William Sowden, 1858-1936 1
- Sperry, Charles S. (Charles Stillman), 1847-1911 1
- Strasser, Joseph C. 1
- Taylor, H. C. (Henry Clay), 1845-1904 1
- United States Naval Academy 1
- United States Naval Torpedo Station (Newport, R.I.) 1
- United States. Department of the Navy 1
- United States. Navy 1 ∧ less