Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Overview Captain William Milner Carpenter (1916-2006) was a World War II Pacific theater veteran with 26 years of active service in the United States Navy. After his retirement he spent 30 years working and consulting for SRI International. This collection include books, correspondence, photographs, and writings relating to both his naval and civilian careers.
Collection — Box: 1
Content Description Photo postcards of life in Lima, Peru, Panama, and Cuba as well as American naval views. A.L. Bauer was the photographer, ca., 1907-1908.
Overview This collection contains manuscripts, books, articles, personal writings and items, and photographs primarily documenting Francis S. Low’s naval career. Low served in the Navy from 1915-1956, retiring at the rank of Admiral. He specialized in submarine warfare, playing an integral role in anti-U-boat tactics during World War II.
Overview Lieutenant Stephen McCarthy (1859-1938) served in the U.S. Navy from 1887 until his retirement in 1923. He retired in Newport, Rhode Island. His papers include naval commissions from various promotions in the U.S. Navy.
Overview This collection consists of papers detailing Captain Neil C. Porter’s (1913-2015) life and career in the U.S. Navy and at the Naval War College. It also includes the diary of Lieutenant Commander Charles H. Ritt (1890-1965), his father-in-law.
Overview Frank M. Snyder (1926-2017 ) is a career naval officer who worked as a Professor and Professor Emeritus at the U.S. Naval War College. His papers include articles, research materials, speeches and lectures, audio and video cassette tapes, photographs, and scrapbooks relating to Snyder’s naval and professional academic career.
Overview Research projects and studies treating aspects of the Naval War College, the U.S. Navy, naval education, and military conflict.
Overview This collection contains the drafts and final speeches written by Sam Tangredi for Secretary of the Navy John H. Dalton, and Under Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig during the years 1993-1995.
Overview This collection consists of materials regarding Wellings’ assignment as U.S. observer of the British Home Fleet, including his reminiscences of the sinking of the Bismarck in May 1941, as well as correspondence, writings, speeches, subject files, and other documentation relating to his naval career.
- Names: United States. Navy X
- photographs 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 3
- scrapbooks 3
- Navy-yards and naval stations -- Newport (R.I.) 2
- lectures 2
- letters (correspondence) 2
- military commissions 2
- orders (military records) 2
- Admirals -- United States 1
- Admirals -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Admirals -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Command and control systems 1
- Communications, Military 1
- Coral Sea, Battle of the, 1942 1
- Jutland, Battle of, 1916 1
- Lajes (Terceira Island, Azores) 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944 1
- Midway, Battle of, 1942 1
- Military planning 1
- National security 1
- Naval education -- United States 1
- Navies -- Officers 1
- Newport (R.I.) -- History 1
- Operation Neptune 1
- Operation Overlord 1
- Operational art (Military science) 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941 1
- Piracy 1
- Security and policy studies 1
- Submarines (Ships) 1
- Tokyo (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1942 1
- Trafalgar, Battle of, 1805 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1933-1945 1
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century 1
- West Indies (Federation) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pacific Area 1
- audiocassettes 1
- biographical sketches 1
- books 1
- certificates 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- correspondence 1
- diaries 1
- handbooks 1
- interviews 1
- logs (records) 1
- membership cards 1
- military records 1
- photographic postcards 1
- research notes 1
- speeches (documents) 1 ∧ less