Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection — Box: 1, Folder: 9
Content Description Collection consists of 4 letters, which were attached to the end papers of the 2 volume set, "The Relations of the United States and Spain: The Spanish-American War," French E. Chadwick, 1911. The volumes are a part of NHC's rare book collection.
Overview This collection contains manuscripts, books, articles, personal writings and items, and photographs primarily documenting Francis S. Low’s naval career. Low served in the Navy from 1915-1956, retiring at the rank of Admiral. He specialized in submarine warfare, playing an integral role in anti-U-boat tactics during World War II.
Overview Convocation and graduation addresses, including speeches given at special events.
Overview This collection consists of correspondence, logbooks, photographs, publications, and other papers relating to the Sims and Hitchcock families, particularly Admiral William S. Sims, his wife Anne Hitchcock Sims, and her father Ethan Allen Hitchcock. These papers detail the families’ personal lives and relationships as well as the careers of Adm. Sims and Ethan Allen Hitchcock.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description Correspondence and subject files pertaining to administration, organization, mission, functions and buildings of the Naval Training Station and Naval Station, 1885–1974; Historical subject files of Coasters Harbor Island, Fort Adams, USS Constitution, USS Constellation, visits of Presidents Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Nixon, 150th Anniversary of landing of General Rochambeau, 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Rhode Island, hurricanes, fires, Public Works Department, Tercentenary of city...
- Names: Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 X
- clippings (information artifacts) 3
- photographs 3
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century 2
- ephemera 2
- Admirals -- United States -- History 1
- Admirals’ spouses 1
- Ambassadors -- United States -- History 1
- Fort Adams (Newport, R.I.) 1
- Hurricanes -- Rhode Island 1
- Navies -- Officers 1
- Navy-yards and naval stations -- Newport (R.I.) 1
- Newport (R.I.) -- History 1
- Submarines (Ships) 1
- Tokyo (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1942 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1933-1945 1
- War diaries 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 1
- biographical files 1
- biographical sketches 1
- invitations 1
- logs (records) 1
- maps (documents) 1
- memorandums 1
- poems 1
- postcards 1
- printed ephemera 1
- reports 1
- scrapbooks 1
- transcriptions (documents) 1 ∧ less