Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview This collection consists of research materials collected by Thomas B. Buell, author and retired naval officer, for his biography of Fleet Admiral Ernest J. King entitled, Master of sea power and by Walter M. Whitehill, author and historian, for his biography on King, A Naval record.
Overview Vice Admiral John Livingstone McCrea (1891-1990) served in the Navy from 1915 until his retirement in 1953. These papers include correspondence and photographs relating to his professional career and personal interests.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description The Naval War College Naval Historical Collection houses a small but interesting segment of Hewitt materials. The collection focuses mainly on the illustrious wartime career of Admiral Hewitt, although there are materials from both earlier and later time periods. The materials are contained in fourteen boxes and a folio file drawer. The collection measures thirteen linear feet and is divided into four series: correspondence, writings, miscellany, and photographs.Series...
Content Description 1 group portrait photograph of Fleet officers at Naval War College San Diego, 1922. 1 wire photograph of Capt. Knox presenting a book to President Roosevelt, 1938
Scope and Contents Records: Historical Subject Files including correspondence, memoranda, chronologies and reports pertaining to administrative matters, base activities and command facilities, 1942–1969; Presidential visits of Eisenhower and Kennedy, 1957–1958, 1960–1961; History and transfer of Fort Adams, 1951–1960; Planning and construction of Narragansett Bay Bridge, 1944–1966; Use of Prudence Island 1913–1917; Consolidation of the office of Industrial Relations, 1950–1963; Housing Plans, 1967–1968; German...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description Correspondence and subject files pertaining to administration, organization, mission, functions and buildings of the Naval Training Station and Naval Station, 1885–1974; Historical subject files of Coasters Harbor Island, Fort Adams, USS Constitution, USS Constellation, visits of Presidents Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Nixon, 150th Anniversary of landing of General Rochambeau, 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Rhode Island, hurricanes, fires, Public Works Department, Tercentenary of city...
- Names: Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 X
- photographs 5
- clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Fort Adams (Newport, R.I.) 2
- Navy-yards and naval stations -- Newport (R.I.) 2
- Newport (R.I.) -- History 2
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century 2
- War diaries 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 2
- ephemera 2
- reports 2
- Admirals -- United States -- Biography 1
- Historians -- United States 1
- Hurricanes -- Rhode Island 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944 1
- Narragansett Bay -- History 1
- Naval strategy 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval operations, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Congresses 1
- audiocassettes 1
- correspondence 1
- drafts (documents) 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- maps (documents) 1
- memorandums 1
- oral histories (literary works) 1
- postcards 1
- research notes 1
- training manuals 1 ∧ less