U.S. Naval Base (Newport, R.I.) records
Records: Historical Subject Files including correspondence, memoranda, chronologies and reports pertaining to administrative matters, base activities and command facilities, 1942–1969; Presidential visits of Eisenhower and Kennedy, 1957–1958, 1960–1961; History and transfer of Fort Adams, 1951–1960; Planning and construction of Narragansett Bay Bridge, 1944–1966; Use of Prudence Island 1913–1917; Consolidation of the office of Industrial Relations, 1950–1963; Housing Plans, 1967–1968; German Submarine survivor burial, 1959–1966; Effects of Hurricane Donna, et.al., 1954–1960; War Diaries, 1942–1946; Miscellany, including Serial Number Books, Manuals, Operational order and Instruction Books, guest books and plaques. Newport, RI, 1913–1969.
- 1913 - 1969
- Naval Station Newport (R.I.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is open to all researchers, unless otherwise specified.
Conditions Governing Use
Material in this collection is in the public domain, unless otherwise noted.
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- Fort Adams (Newport, R.I.)
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
- Narragansett Bay -- History
- Naval Station Newport (R.I.) -- History
- Navy-yards and naval stations -- Newport (R.I.)
- Newport (R.I.) -- History
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century
- War diaries
- World War, 1939-1945
- clippings (information artifacts)
- training manuals